Carmen Ejogo was born in London, England in 1974. Her dad was Nigerian and her mom is Scottish.
She made her film debut in Julian Temple’s "Absolute Beginners" in 1986. She eventually moved on to stage and television work in England. American audiences would discover her in Eddie Murphy’s movie "Metro." Carmen also appeared in "The Avengers," "Love’s Labour's Lost" and "What’s The Worst That Could Happen?"
Carmen landed the coveted title role in the four-hour CBS miniseries "Sally Hemmings: An American Scandal" and garnered good notices for her portrayal of the slave with whom Thomas Jefferson carried on a four decade romance. She also starred in the HBO movie "Boycott" where she would meet her future husband, actor Jeffrey Wright. They’ve been married since 2000 and have a son.
Carmen starred in the NBC series
Carmen's film credits include the following:
- Lackawanna Blues (2005)(HBO Movie)
- What's The Worst That Could Happen? (2001)
- Boycott (2001)(HBO Movie)
- Perfume (2001)
- Love's Labour's Lost (2000)
- Sally Hemings: An American Scandal (2000)(Tv Miniseries)
- Tube Tales (1999)(Tv Movie)
- Colour Blind (1998)(Tv Miniseries)
- The Avengers (1998)
- I Want You (1998)
- Metro (1997)
- Cold Lazarus (1996)(Tv Miniseries)
- Absolute Beginners (1986)
Check out the following sites for additional information about Carmen:
Carmen Ejogo@Internet Movie Database
The Carmen Ejogo WebPage